Support from our alumni and friends helps ensure our continued leadership in the field and also enriches teaching, learning, and research at Stanford about the United States and the world.
Your gift matters.
Our faculty teach Stanford students how to find and evaluate various forms of evidence, how to convert their findings into a persuasive analysis, and how to make sense of the past to promote a better future in the United States and across the globe. Together, our faculty and students research the connections between past and present by sifting through the diverse influences and perspectives that affect the course of events.
Why support History?
Your foresight will
- Equip the next generation of scholars through courses, academic events, and research opportunities.
- Fund opportunities for our students to conduct research, study languages, and pursue internships across the globe.
- Support innovative faculty research and scholarship.
- Develop new initiatives to enhance History at Stanford
Make a gift
Your donation will support our general operations, or may be designated to support your choice of specific projects. Your contribution may take the form of an expendable gift, annual pledge, or endowment. Endowment gifts provide naming opportunities for specific programs and may be matched.
Your gift is tax-deductible under applicable rules. As a unit of Stanford University, the Department of History qualifies for tax-exempt status under Section 501 (c)(3).
To make a secure credit card payment, please click here: MAKE A GIFT
- After clicking the "Make a Gift" button above, please choose to direct your gift to School of Humanities & Sciences - Other Designation and write History Department in the space labelled Other.
- You can choose to make a one-time or recurring gift.
- Gifts can be made in memory or in honor of someone special to you.
You can also send a check (made out to "Stanford University") to
The Department of History
450 Jane Stanford Way
Lane History Corner (Bldg. 200), Room 113
Stanford, CA 94305-2024 USA
For further information, please contact our Director of Finance & Operations Dr. Burçak Keskin-Kozat at burcak [at] stanford.edu.
To discuss gifts of endowment or gifts above $25,000, please contact Tamar Sofer-Geri at tamars [at] stanford.edu or 650 464 4236.
Browse the most recent publications from our faculty members.